Effective Date: March 6, 2020
This page informs you of the practices of Rustafied, LLC (“Rustafied”, “us”, “we” or “our”), including your choices, regarding the collection, use and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information when you use our https://www.rustafied.com website, our Rust servers, our digital VIP service, all content and software associated with our service, or any other service we provide (each, or collectively, the "Service").
Types of Information Collected
We receive and store information about you such as:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Address, Region/State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country; and
- Payment method(s).
We collect standard technical information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. This information is kept primarily to assist us in diagnosing technical problems and to prevent fraud and abuse of our Service.
When you submit a support ticket with a question or to ask for help, we store that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. We also store any information you volunteer, including responses to surveys.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can remove or block cookies using the settings on your browser. However, if you do not accept cookies, it may impact your use of or you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our Service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- Where we have your consent, we may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send.
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Rustafied does not share an individual's personal data with non-agent third parties. If this policy changes in the future, we will notify individuals and provide them with an opportunity to opt-out of having their data shared.
Retention of Data
We will retain your information for as long as you maintain an account with us or as needed to provide you with our Service. We will retain and use your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We will also use your information to provide you with relevant content, advertisements, promotions and marketing materials.
Rustafied will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. This data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States of America and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Rustafied may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Rustafied may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Rustafied;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Third Parties/Service Providers
You understand that Rustafied uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide you with our services. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use Google Analytics for website analytics to help us monitor and analyze website traffic and can be used to keep track of user behavior, helping us to improve the services and experience of using them.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
When you pay for a subscription, we ask for your payment information and billing address so that we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices. Your payment is passed directly to our payment processor and does not pass through our servers. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number, for account history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax due in the United States, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
The payment processors we currently work with are:
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Accordingly, Rustafied recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request will prevent you from using Rustafied services and will result in the deletion of your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please submit a support ticket here - https://rustafied.com/support
You must be 18 years of age or older to use our Service in the United States. In certain other jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to use our Service.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of majority. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For California Residents
This section provides you with our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data. It also explains your rights regarding your personal data that we collect (as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act or the “CCPA”).
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal data we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is used in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal data. Specifically, California residents may request that we:
- Inform you about the specific pieces of personal data we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- Provide you access to and/or a copy of certain personal data we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal data we have about you.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights.
California Shine the Light Disclosure
Last Updated: March 06, 2020